Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Details of Matters

Here's a new video created by the Theater Communications Group (basically, the largest community of theater organizations and artists in the United States of America). It argues for the value of the arts and particularly for live theater in our national culture and consciousness. I suppose these things are not obvious for some people. I suppose, somewhere, in places I don't look and publications I don't read, someone is arguing that arts are not essential and that theater does not matter. It's hard for me to understand that point of view which, ironically, makes it hard for me to argue against it. It is good to be reminded, to actually articulate the whys and not just the whats.


Stage Matters from Theatre Communications Group on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment